Friday, February 28, 2014

Comings and Goings

The news today is that two of our Mavens have flown the coop :)

Due to personal issues and time constraints both Mandi and Val have decided to re-prioritize and the Maven's didn't make the cut.  It happens...life gets in the way, plans change (I know that only too well myself as I had to rehaul my plans for the year recently too).  We all wish them both well and much success with the things they do.

It's the last Friday of the month and we usually have a free tutorial for you but unfortunately the sudden departures left me with no time to fill in get one together....especially coming off January and my two posts a week for the month.  We do have many free tutorials on this blog though so make sure you haven't missed one :)


As the Mavens now has a couple of empty spots I will take applications.

What does it take to be a Maven?

You need to be a bead weaver, it needs to be the main focus in your work.
You need to be able to write good tutorials.
You need to be serious about making a living from beading.

You need to be able to meet deadlines and have ideas for articles.
You want to contribute to the beading community.

You don't need to be an expert! I am a firm believer that everyone has knowledge that can help someone else.

What is required?

As a Maven you will be required to write ONE post every two months and ONE free tutorial every six months.  The schedule is set on a rotation so you will always know well in advance.   
Posts are on Fridays and I need to see the draft by the previous Wednesday at the latest so I can approve it.

Optional things.  I leave it up to the team to decide if they want to do a contest or group challenge but will organize the events and gather prizes.

Team spirit is required, sharing of your fellow Maven's posts and articles.

What's in it for you?

A platform to show your work, let people know who you are and see what you do.  You get your name out!

Me...yes...you get me. What does that mean?  I am there to mentor you if you need me.  I can offer advice (you don't have to take it), and help on areas you might be struggling with....pricing, store management, image, design issues, illustration questions.  I am a formally trained artist and Graphic Designer, a self taught beader and have taken my beadwork from learning the stitches to my beadwork business being able to fully support me in just 5 years.  I will share things I asked and couldn't find out when I was starting out....things like earning potential, pitfalls, what I did and wished I hadn't because we learn from mistakes and it's better to learn from someone else's than your own :)

How do you apply?

You e-mail me at mikkiferrugiaro@gmail.com telling me why you want to be a Maven.  Send me a sample tutorial, can just be part of one if you like. Tell me about yourself....what you want to learn, what you have to offer. Send me photos of your original designs including close up shots.

Show me your passion for bead weaving :)


I look forward to hearing from you,

Mikki






No comments:

Post a Comment